Sunday 27 April 2014

My Thoughts Mini Album Part Two

My Thoughts Mini Album... Part Two
Here is part Two of three posts. Please refer back to my last post for all product used. Now lets get started.
Pages
For each page we will use a piece of Early Espresso Card cut at 6” X 11” and then score it using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool at 1/4",   4-1/4” and  8-1/4”. In the photos below I show that just by folding you can make them opposite. Up to you… you can have them all face the same way. I also did one up one down on my tabs.
 Cut at 6" X 11" and score at 1/4", 4-1/4" and 8-1/4".
 Fold as per the photo my ones show one up one down. Also create the tabs as shown in my previous post. Remember all tabs are created the same way using the envelope punch board

 Apply glue to the 1/4 piece and across the bottom of this piece to form a pocket.
 This shows two of my pages folded and glued and punched with the envelope punch board ready to have the section cut away.
Now cut away the tab where shown in the photo. You know how same as last time. You repeat this for as many pages as you want in your book. I made three for this album.


Now  make the concertina spine for the pages. Cut Early Espresso card to 6’ X 4” and score every 1/2". You need need to add more width and score lines for more pages. Each V is one page and the last V is for the Anchor page.
 Glue the first page to the spine.

Glue the second pages to the spine piece as shown.


Glue the third page to the spine checking that everything lines up evenly as I go.

Now I’m gluing the anchor page in  Oh, just a note  I ended up cutting a piece of Early Espresso card to cover the chip board as shown…

Cut at 6” X 3-3/4”. The I glued it to the last valley fold. Here I have covered the chipboard with card stock. I glued the last piece of the V fold to the back of the anchor page.

in the Early Espresso card. Apply the glue to the back of the anchor piece and insert it into the
 pocket at the back cover as shown in the photo above. If you want you can leave this loose... don't glue it in then you can add more pages or put other book pages in.
 This shows the pages in place.
 Then I applied a little glue into the concertina spine to stop it from opening. Not too much glue and not right out to the edges. Then it will still have some movement.
 Cut 6 pieces of SU card stock Pool Party at 3-3/4" X 5-3/4" to mat the pages with.
 Cut 6 pieces of SU card stock Very Vanilla at 6" X 2-1/2 these I inked the same as the book lining and cover pieces as covered in my previous blog post.
 I cut all my tabs as shown in my previous blog post. Remember for this project they are all made the same way. You just change the side you ink to get them opposite.
 I have used Pool Party ink and theGorgeous Grunge Stamp set to ink the edges and stamp the page mats.

From Early Espresso card stock I have cut 3 tags at 6"  X3-1/2" then used the envelope punch board to form tabs on the top of these. To do the tabs on these tags I lined the edge of the tag up on the 2" mark on the Envelope punch board, turned it over and lined up the outside edge with the centre of the punch (see previous post) and punched. Then cut away the other side. So the only thing that changed was the width of the tab. You'll get it when you do it. As yet I haven't decorated these tags. They slot into the top pockets in the book.
Are you still with me. Next post is the Cover. Check back soon. Keep on Stampin'. Wendy
Just found out that when the new catalogue comes out the Hello Doily stamp (w) 128610 or (c) 122847 is going to be deleted, and the Little Leaves Sizzlits Die 114511. Nooooo!!  If you love it make sure you dont miss out order it now.  doubleu60@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment