Friday 11 April 2014

With Love Stampin' Up Card Stipple Blossoms

With Love Stampin'Up Card 
I am a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and have been for over 6 years so everything I use on my blog is Stampin' Up and you can purchase through me. 
You can view the catalogue online here http://www3.stampinup.com/home/en-nz/catalogues_nz  and email me your order at doubleu60@gmail.com
If you are like me and  you love to thumb through the real thing when you place your first order over $100 I will give you one for free. The latest catalogue runs until the beginning of July then we get a brand new one. Watch this spot!!
Now lets get started..
I made this card for my Mum for Mothers day.
 I love this StampinUp (SU) stamp set called SU Stipple Blossoms (126742) It is a two step stamp set which means you do the solid stamped layer in a pale colour then the "stipple layer" in a darker colour.... and the best thing is it doesn't matter if you don't line the two images up exactly it just adds to the effect.

I have used SU Whisper White card stock (106548) to stamp the largest flower from the set using SU Crisp Cantaloupe (131176)
    I inked up my stamp with the SU Crisp Cantaloupe (131176) then stamped one off on a scrap piece of paper first then 3 onto my SU whisper white card stock without  re inking the stamp. I did this twice. You can see the image getting lighter with each stamp. That is the effect we want.
   Then I inked up the stipple detail stamp with SU Calypso Coral ink (122929)
Then I stamped the solid leaf from the set using SU Pear Pizzazz Ink.
I then stamped the veins in SU old Olive ink.
 Now on a 14cm by 9cm piece of SU Crumb Cake Card stock (121685 this is the code for A4 it also comes in 12 by 12) I stamped the SU Hello Doily (128610), SU stamp with versamark (102283), then used SU white embossing powder (109132) and heated it with my SU Heat Gun (129058). WOW love this!!!!

 I cut away  around the doily stamp 2.5cm up from the base.
I then embossed my base card from both ends through my SU Big Shot machine (113439) using the cool SU Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976). Don't worry about the blank spot in the middle the top flower will cover this.

 I then used the SU Scalloped Oval punch (119856) to punch SU Calypso Coral card stock (124392).
I stamped my message on whisper white and then punched it out with the SU Large Oval punch (119855) which forms a perfect layered effect. I did two of the same. One for the card and one for the envelope. My sentiment was from the SU set Field Flowers (122762).
 Now for the envelope. I used a square of  SU Whister White Card Stock 8 1/4" and the SU Envelope Punch Board (133774) to make my envelope. Amazing tool... you can make 66 sizes of envelopes...wow and I've had a bit of a play and managed to make even more than the 66. There are some really good videos on Youtube showing how to work this simple tool.
I have used the stamp set to decorate the bottom left corner of my envelope to make it match my card. I did do masking to make the flowers look like some are behind. To do this you stamp and cut out the main flower image onto a scrap of paper...This is your mask. In my next post I will show this technique in detail.
 I cut out all my stamped images then layered them all onto my card face using SU Multipurpose glue (110755) to glue all the item. I tucked five of the flowers and leaves under the doily and one bright image for the centre of the doily. I added my sentiment and I was done.You can also decorate the inside of your card with a stamped image just to carry on the theme. Love It!!!

This is the inside of my card. Sorry this sentiment stamp is no longer available but who knows it may come back again in the New Catalogue. My card liner is just a piece of computer paper cut to fit.

Check back soon or more. Stay Stampin...Wendy


4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy. So glad to hear things are working out for you. A beautiful card with a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn. Thanks for your lovely comments. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful!! :) So good to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete