Monday 12 May 2014

Perfect Polkadot Partial embossing

Perfect Polkadot Cards.
In this tutorial you will learn to only partially emboss the face of your card. Love this technique...the next blog post I will build on this technique and do double embossing. You will also learn about inking the die. Lets get started.

The Product list.
  • Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder 118138
  • VersaMark 102283
  • Jewels Basic Pearls 119247
  • Mini Glue Dots 103683
  • Embossing Buddy 103083
  • Stampin' Emboss Powder White 109132
  • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439
  • Heat Tool 129056
  • Field Flowers 122762 (words on my card) (Soon to be deleted)
  • Embosslits Beautiful Wings 118138 (Soon to be deleted) Noooo!!
  • A4 Wild Wasabi card stock 111850 A6 piece
  • A4 Whisper white card stock 106549 A plus scrap
I made up a chip board wedge using the card from the back of the dsp paper packs. Approx 3 layers
Also for the Button card
      • A4 card stock Soft Suede 119982 Scrap 2" square
      • A4 card stock Crumb Cake 121685 A6 piece
      • A4 card stock Early Espresso 121686  A5.
      • Early Espresso Classic Stampin' pad 126974
      • Embosslits Sweet Buttons 121813 (Soon to be deleted) Nooo!!
      • Perfectly Penned stamp set 122982 (Soon to be deleted)
      • Clear-mount Block pg 196 of catalogue
      • Top Notes Bigz Die 113463
      • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine113439

      Love the buttons they look soooo real!
       I also love the  Beautiful Wings Emsosslits because it cuts and embosses at the same time... the 5 butterflies you see below. I cut this through my big shot machine.
       I embossed just the top section of my Wild Wasabi card stock by placing my chipboard triangle over the top section only and feeding it through my Big Shot machine with all the tabs and one clear cutting pad.
      I then swiped over my card face with the Embossing Buddy then stamped my chosen words(Field Flowers Stamp set) with versamark ink and sprinkled White embossing powder over the area, shake off the excess and heated with the Heat Tool. I glued the butterflies on with mini glue dots then added  Jewels Basic Pearls. I then mount this onto the Whisper White card base. And it's done.

      Now for the button one...
       I inked the die with Earky Espresso ink then placed my piece of card stock Soft Suede into the die and sent it through the Big Shot machine...it cut embossed and coloured with one pass through. Sooo cool!
       I cut my card stock Crumb Cake with the  Top Notes Bigz Die through the Big Shot machine. I love the little faux stiched edge this die applies.
      I then used my chipboard triangle to emboss only the top section of my cut card (refer above)

      I then stamped my greeting using the Perfectly Penned stamp set and Early Espresso Classic Stampin' pad. I used mini glue dots to apply the buttons onto the card face. And I'm done. So fast. Check back soon. Keep on stampin' ...Wendy

      No comments:

      Post a Comment